In the last college connect spirit check on 3rd Sunday at Urban Empowerment Ministries, Bishop Lester Woods, Jr. and Pastor Christine Woods met with all of the college students in-between services.Over 100 students attended church on February 19th, and 72 stayed for spirit check. Bishop asked for a list of prayer requests from the students (scroll down on the College connect Facebook page to view), and one of the most asked for request was for help figuring out God’s plan for our lives amongst other things that lead to – figuring out who we really** are. For the past weeks in bible study Bishop has provided bible studies that focus specifically on life planning, discovering your true purpose, and diving into understanding the Kingdom of God and who we really* are – IN JESUS CHRIST. If this is something that you have been struggling with we encourage you to attend Sunday Services and Wednesday Night bible studies – in the meantime, notes are below so you can catch up or review!
- Genesis 1:26-27
- Let Us (Father, Son and Holy Sprit) make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule (dominion) over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”
- 1. Us “Father, Son and Holy Spirit”- everything we have excess to God created it God is the owner
- 2.“Them have dominion”- those connected to Him (God) we then become the Steward makes you a little king, or queen
- I must treat God things like God would treat them
- Embrace ppl like God would embrace ppl
- Love ppl like God would love ppl
- Looking for marriage: Love yourself 1st the way God would love you then someone (man or woman) can appreciate or love you
- Romans 12:2
- do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
- See the things of God through Gods eyes!
1. the King
- is sovereign
- without a king there is no kingdom
- if you do not worship a King (god) you are not connected to sovereigness (he is just)
2. the territory
- the domain
- the area in which the King has lordship over
3. the Constitution
- the royal covenant
- the king himself has royalty , Godliness
- has to do with Glory
- and Promise
- where your promises lie
4. The Citizenry
- the community of subjects
- we are not slaves but subjects
- we then also have access to the things of God
- we have membership
5. The Law
- acceptable principles
6. The Privileges
- Rights and benefits!
- Because you are member of the kingdom you have these
7. A Code of Ethics
- acceptable lifestyle and conduct!
- The way you carry yourself!!!!
- Certain lifestyle that is associated with the Kingdom
- Cant act, dress how you acted before entering the kingdom and making a covenant with God.
8. An Army
- some security in the kingdom
9. A Commonwealth
- economics and security of the kingdom
- things I shouldn’t have to worry about financially because im connected to the Kingdom
- my God should apply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:19)
10. A Social Culture
- protocol and procedures
- unlike law that has to do with principles social culture deals with protocol and procedures
- I must bow down in honor and reverences in the presence of God
Clapping your hands in church to show how great God is!!!
There are several components necessary for the Kingdom to Function
- If you can’t understand the components of the kingdom and its functions (seeing the big picture) you will sit in your same predicament until you realize the big picture
- You apart of a system that is bigger than me!!
- In the kingdom there are 50% of people who will miss out on the blessing of God because they want to do there own thing
- Sometimes God wont give you back to you what you miss out.
- Find out the story about the 5 wives and 5 foolish
- If you out of sync of the system, you can mess it up for everybody else!!!!!!
Function and why you can’t be out of Sync!
1. healthcare program
- has to do with healing
2. education program
- teaching ministry of the holy spirit
3. Taxation program
4. Central Communication Program
- the gifts of the Spirit
- Ex. speaking in tounges
5. Diplomatic Core Program
- ambassadors for God and Christ
- speak on of the system and Kingdom
6. System of Administration
- 1st Corinthians 12
- has to do with a system of giving and receiving
- do not be weary in well doing
- it will be a time if you do not grow weary in giving you will Receive a blessing!
Additional Scripture not the number of times they say all
- When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. 2 Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled all house where they were sitting. 3 They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. 4 All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues[a] as the Spirit enabled them utterance.
Acts 2: 42-47
- They devoted themselves) to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer Everyone was filled with awe at the many wonders and signs performed by the apostles. 44 All the believers were together and had all in common. 45 They sold property and possessions to give to all who had need. 46 Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, 47 praising God and enjoying the favor of all (this is different all not inclusive all but and exclusive)
- 7th all. 7 the number of conclusion
- favor with the ones included in the 1-6 All (kingdom of God)
the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.
- When you connect with the all that exclusive to the kingdom, God will bless you and include you into the exclusive and add to those being saved!
Thanks to college connect team leader “Te-Te” for capturing great notes at Bible Study!!!